Submissions to the PBMS have temporarily been suspended until further notice.
If you have found a dead bird of prey that you would like to submit to the scheme and you are able to freeze the bird until submissions are reinstated, then please do so. We would kindly ask you to :-
- Wrap the bird in a plastic bag.
- Place the wrapped bird in a second plastic bag along with a note or the submission form that you can download and print (see below).
- The double-wrapped bird can then be frozen.
- Please then email firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact details (including telephone number) so that we can contact you to arrange the submission once the scheme is back up and running.
If you cannot print the submission form then please include the following details on the note which you include with the bird:
- Date the bird was found
- Location the bird was found (ideally OS grid reference but postal address or nearest postcode/village/town will suffice)
- Circumstances under which it was found (e.g. found on side of road, found under window, etc.)
If you are unable to freeze the bird then please dispose of it. This is because this suspension is likely to exceed the length of time after which we cannot accept birds stored at ambient temperature.
Many thanks for your support at this difficult time, the PBMS team.